I efiled both Federal and State (Kentucky) returns. Do I still need to sign and mail the printed returns?

I e-filed both Federal and State returns. I got a refund on the Federal and owe the State. Do I need to sign and send in the Federal? And on the State, do I just send the voucher since it's e-filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DanielV01

No, you don't need to sign an mail the printed returns.  E-filing allows you to file without mailing these forms.  Rather, you will see a Federal Form 8879 and a KY Form 8879-K that will print out.  You will sign these two forms and keep them with your tax records.  You do not need to mail these forms either.

As regards the voucher, you will mail the voucher to the state of KY as long as you did not set up your payment to be automatically drafted from your checking account (KY does allow this option when you file).  If the payment is not being drafted, you would want to mail in the voucher to the address provided, make sure the principal SSN is at the bottom left of the check (or money order) along with the words "2018 Form 740" to ensure that the payment is applied to your tax account.

DanielV01