Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgtorok

I e-filed and was accepted tonight. I owe taxes and agreed to pay via my bank checking account on 4/11/18. Why did I get 4 ES vouchers slips ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DeniseF1

I e-filed and was accepted tonight. I owe taxes and agreed to pay via my bank checking account on 4/11/18. Why did I get 4 ES vouchers slips ?

Form 1040-ES is used to submit quarterly estimated taxes to the IRS. If you need to pay estimated tax, TurboTax will prepare four 1040-ES vouchers, numbered from 1 to 4, for estimated payments due quarterly during the following tax year. 

The Form 1040-ES Payment Vouchers are printed as a convenience for making 2018 estimated tax payments.  

You do not need to use them, unless you expect to owe tax when you file your 2018 return and would like to make "progress payments".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DeniseF1

Form 1040-ES is used to submit quarterly estimated taxes to the IRS. If you need to pay estimated tax, TurboTax will prepare four 1040-ES vouchers, numbered from 1 to 4, for estimated payments due quarterly during the following tax year. 

The Form 1040-ES Payment Vouchers are printed as a convenience for making 2018 estimated tax payments.  

You do not need to use them, unless you expect to owe tax when you file your 2018 return and would like to make "progress payments".

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.6m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v