turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nrg07

I drafted my return for 2018 in TurboTax and now it is gone. After login, the software is asking me to start my return. Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I drafted my return for 2018 in TurboTax and now it is gone. After login, the software is asking me to start my return. Help?

If you prepared the 2018 return online and can't find it, and it's acting like it wants you to start one, then you likely have multiple accounts (User IDs) without realizing it and signed into the wrong one.  This is one of the more common questions in the forum.  

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method.
Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

The answer depends on how you were preparing the return.   Please verify if you used Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download).   You mention "software" above, but you also said "log in", which makes me think you may be referring to Online TurboTax.   

If you used Online TurboTax and can't find it in that account, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

In the interest of time, I'll take a guess and assume for now you mean Online TurboTax.  See my answer below.
nrg07

You are correct, I had multiple accounts without realizing.  Thank you!!

You're welcome.  Good luck.

If you prepared the 2018 return online and can't find it, and it's acting like it wants you to start one, then you likely have multiple accounts (User IDs) without realizing it and signed into the wrong one.  This is one of the more common questions in the forum.  

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method.
Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies