I downloaded the 2020 turbo tax on my computer and...

jerry3shoup-

I downloaded the 2020 turbo tax on my computer and want to start a tax return but can not figure out how to start the return. How do you start one?

I downloaded the 2020 turbo tax on my computer.  there is not any start button to hit to start a return  How do you do it??
pattif12

To activate and install your TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll need the license code, a 16-character (or 14-character for 2019 products) combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found:

• On the CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip; OR
  • In the Download confirmation email and/or order history

Enter it in the License code box on the activation screen and select Continue to complete installation.

You’re free to use the same license code to install the software on up to five computers; you'll need to purchase another license if you need more.

If you need help installing, select your computer for more info:

robtm

In your download folder you should see a program like this:  w_turbotax_1040_..... click on this to install turbotax on your computer. Once it's installed, you should see on your desktop a red circle with a white checkmark in it. click on this to start the turbotax program.

GT3Q-N3DS-CQZB-DV9A

completed all steps to download software, using license code.  How do i start the downloaded software?

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Once you have completed entering the license code the software should launch. If not you should see a red circle with a white checkmark on your desktop. Click on this to start TurboTax.

Please see this if you are having an issue with this final step: Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

haskella

I purchase a new CD copy of 2020 Turbo Tax.    It has a 16 character activation code.

After entering 14 characters it will not accept any more characters.

Do I need to send it back? It was purchased from Amazon.

Lawrence Haskel

[email address removed]

Better call in.  2019 was 14 digits but 2020 is 16.  Maybe you are typing it wrong?  Like maybe don't type the dashes?

Contact Customer Service (You need to pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.) 
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632