Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I downloaded premier version from amazon. At the last stage of efiling, software is stuck on 'preparing' step for last 30 mins.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I downloaded premier version from amazon. At the last stage of efiling, software is stuck on 'preparing' step for last 30 mins.

I had to force kill the application. On restart, it downloaded bunch of updates and then I was able to efile. Turbox tax can do better job of displaying the errors especially if the software needs update before efiling.

jessar

I just got stuck on "preparing" for 20+ minutes and found this response. I tried canceling and trying again but it always got stuck on "preparing". It took closing out of the program entirely and opening it again (it said i had no updates) and now it works.

IMG_1364.JPG

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies