I downloaded premier version from amazon. At the last stage of efiling, software is stuck on 'preparing' step for last 30 mins.

I had to force kill the application. On restart, it downloaded bunch of updates and then I was able to efile. Turbox tax can do better job of displaying the errors especially if the software needs update before efiling.

I just got stuck on "preparing" for 20+ minutes and found this response. I tried canceling and trying again but it always got stuck on "preparing". It took closing out of the program entirely and opening it again (it said i had no updates) and now it works.

IMG_1364.JPG

Employee TurboTax Specialist

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.