Parmleyhouse

I downloaded a state return (CD Version) for another family member. It is not needed for our return. Anyone know how I can remove it so it won't be filed with the state?

IreneS

Unless you opened that state while in your return, that state return won't populate or be included with your return.

To make sure it's not attached to your return please follow these steps:

1. When you are in the federal return, click on File (in the black bar at the top of the screen) > Remove State Return. 
  2. A list of state returns currently in the return will appear. 
  3. If there is an unwanted state in your return, click on the one you want to delete to highlight it and click Remove.
  4. If there is not an extra state, just click Close

IreneS