turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I download tubo tax from Amazon and was paid

I download tubo tax from Amazon and was paid thru Amazon.  Why turbo tax still want to charge me 44.95 when I try to submit online.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
RobertL

Did you buy from Amazon with state return included? Or as you file your state or add any additional services (bundles) online? 

norm0472

I filed with state return included.

@norm0472 We do not understand your issue.  You are adding on to a really old thread.  Please explain your question in more detail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
norm0472

Sorry, Let me try this again.

I worked through Turbotzx and filled out all the infor for both Federal and State return.

I then purchased Turbotax  Premier with State included. and applied the License number.

Now Turbotax wants an additional $40. Why is that? 

Did you start entering into the Online version?  You can switch it to your Desktop program without paying for online.  We can tell you how.

Or if you are Efiling a state return from the Desktop program there is an extra 24.99 state efile fee.  Or you can print and mail state for free.  If you are seeing a $39.99 charge it might be to have the 24.99 fee deducted from your federal refund, so pay with a credit card to avoid the extra charge.

Nowhere on Amazon is it clear that TurboTax will rip you off for more money. It clearly states that one state is included. Buyer beware. It's always something with TurboTax. 

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

From the Amazon site for Deluxe + state

Includes 5 free federal e-files and one download of a TurboTax state product ($44.99 value) state e-file sold separately

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I purchased the exclusive deal from Amazon that says Deluxe plus one state. Once you finish the return, TT wanted another $39.99. So basically this is false advertising and, while I was able to browbeat them into honoring the  "deal", the FTC would be interested in knowing about this. On the plus side, the tech support people were quite lovely.  

@Julieadc wrote:

I purchased the exclusive deal from Amazon that says Deluxe plus one state. Once you finish the return, TT wanted another $39.99. So basically this is false advertising and, while I was able to browbeat them into honoring the  "deal", the FTC would be interested in knowing about this. On the plus side, the tech support people were quite lovely.  

The charge of $39.99 is Not for a state tax return.  That service charge is for when you selected to pay the TurboTax account fees from your federal tax refund.  Go back through the File section of the program and there will be a screen which asks to confirm your payment decision. 

Refund Processing TTD.JPG

Refund Processing TTD remove RPF.JPG

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies