p0lo1986-ah

I don’t see the deduction for claiming my mom as a dependent reflected in my refund. Why?

Anita01

Deductions are used to lower the income on which you are taxed, and you benefit by owing less tax, and that is reflected in your refund.  You do not, however, receive the amount of a deduction reflected dollar for dollar in your refund.

Carl

My bet is you're expecting to get $4,050 back for that. It doesn't work that way. For each qualified dependent you claim you get to deduct $4,050 of your taxable income from taxation. You do not get refunded that amount for each dependent you claim.
p0lo1986-ah

Thank you
p0lo1986-ah

Thank you
Anita01