turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

onis
Level 1

I don't remember if TurboTax will automatically send a payment to the IRS or if I have to do it manually today? Can you tell me how to find this information? Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

I don't remember if TurboTax will automatically send a payment to the IRS or if I have to do it manually today? Can you tell me how to find this information? Thanks!

TurboTax will not automatically send a payment if you did not set it up. 

You can verify the scheduled debit date (if you scheduled one) by accessing a copy of your complete tax file. The scheduled debit date would be located on either the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V of the form (if you owe federal taxes) or the State Information Worksheet-Part V (if you owe state taxes).

Note: When you schedule a payment for taxes due, the payment information is forwarded to the processing government agency. TurboTax is not notified of your payment status. 

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return file using TurboTax Online, which would include all worksheets.  

• Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click show.
  • Next scroll down and select Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.
  • In the left side panel select Tax Tools then select Print Center.
  • Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Then select the option to print your 2017 federal and state returns. Also select the option to include government and TurboTax worksheets, then select View or print forms.
  • This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  • Once you have finished printing, select Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

The original post can be found here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will not automatically send a payment if you did not set it up. 

You can verify the scheduled debit date (if you scheduled one) by accessing a copy of your complete tax file. The scheduled debit date would be located on either the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V of the form (if you owe federal taxes) or the State Information Worksheet-Part V (if you owe state taxes).

Note: When you schedule a payment for taxes due, the payment information is forwarded to the processing government agency. TurboTax is not notified of your payment status. 

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return file using TurboTax Online, which would include all worksheets.  

• Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click show.
  • Next scroll down and select Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.
  • In the left side panel select Tax Tools then select Print Center.
  • Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Then select the option to print your 2017 federal and state returns. Also select the option to include government and TurboTax worksheets, then select View or print forms.
  • This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  • Once you have finished printing, select Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

The original post can be found here

onis
Level 1

Thanks. This is very helpful. I don't see any "Federal Information Worksheet" or debit date on my tax file, so I assume that no payment has been scheduled yet.

onis
Level 1

Correction. I do see a "Federal Information Worksheet" in my return with the Part V, as you said.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Great.  If it shows that is has been scheduled, you don't need to do anything.  If you did not schedule, you can pay directly at the IRS through this link.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies