mbmetz1

I do not understand why I have to fill out the schedule B: Box 1 Regular interest -1 form? And you all will not let me bypass this, What is this for?

Schedule B is used to report the taxable interest and ordinary dividends you received over $1,500.  Click this IRS link for a list of all interest and dividend income types that must be reported.

Additionally, when completing a tax return, every taxpayer must answer “Yes” or “No” as to whether or not you had a financial interest, or signature authority over, a financial account or trust, in a foreign country.  If your answer is “Yes,” then this information is reported on Part III of Schedule B.

If you do not have interest or dividend income over $1,500 to report on Schedule B AND you did not have a foreign bank account or trust, then double check your entry on the Miscellaneous Investment Income screen.  You can get there by going to Federal Taxes>Wages & Income>Interest & Dividends>1099-OID, Foreign Accounts.  

The first four boxes on the Miscellaneous Investment Income screen should be blank and "None of the Above" should be checked.  See the screen shot attached. 

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing