nakesha24

I didn’t put in my 1099 misc on my return because it came late. Will I be audited?

Will I be audited if I don’t put in my 1099 misc?

AlanT

You will not be audited, however, you will receive a CP2000 notice.

The CP2000 notice means that the income and/or payment information the IRS has on file for you doesn’t match the information you reported in your return.  You will then have to correct your filing.  

The best thing to do is to amend your return to include the additional 1099-Misc

Please see the attached FAQ below for help with filing an amended return.  Note, the FAQ does not have instructions for filing an amended return for 2018.  When it is available, the FAQ will update and provide the instructions.   

AlanT