turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cantho93

I did NOT send any payment with my state extension. How do I pay the tax due using the electronic bank payment procedure with my Arizona return?.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did NOT send any payment with my state extension. How do I pay the tax due using the electronic bank payment procedure with my Arizona return?.

First...make sure ther is no credit given on your AZ tax return for having made an extension payment.....and correct the extension payment to a blank line if there is.

also, most states don't allow a direct debit to be arranged with your tax filing......even though most will do a direct deposit for a refund.

I don't know where  AZ sits on that, but check down around PART V of the STATE Information worksheet in Forms Mode.  IF there is direct deposit information ther, but nothing about a direct debit, then you would have to pay AZ separately by check, or on the AZ tax website after you finish e-filing.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fredzs

Provide bank direct debit info.

First...make sure ther is no credit given on your AZ tax return for having made an extension payment.....and correct the extension payment to a blank line if there is.

also, most states don't allow a direct debit to be arranged with your tax filing......even though most will do a direct deposit for a refund.

I don't know where  AZ sits on that, but check down around PART V of the STATE Information worksheet in Forms Mode.  IF there is direct deposit information ther, but nothing about a direct debit, then you would have to pay AZ separately by check, or on the AZ tax website after you finish e-filing.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies