turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

beno9404

I did not see a federal voucher for my payment to the IRS. Do I send in the 1040-SR or is there another step?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did not see a federal voucher for my payment to the IRS. Do I send in the 1040-SR or is there another step?

If you chose to pay the federal taxes owed by mailing a check the payment voucher, Form 1040-V, should be available in the PDF of your tax return.  The voucher will also have the address on where to mail the payment.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

beno9404

I followed the instructions but could not find the payment voucher for my federal return. I have the state, but no federal. Any suggestions?

@beno9404 wrote:

I followed the instructions but could not find the payment voucher for my federal return. I have the state, but no federal. Any suggestions?

Did you download all the forms, schedules and worksheets using Print Center?  The voucher should be included if you requested to pay by check.

If not -

First, verify that you did not select to have the federal taxes owed debited from your bank account.

On the Federal Information Worksheet Part V, the option to elect direct debit for the federal balance due should enter be unchecked or checked No.  If checked Yes, your bank routing and account number will be entered along with the date of payment.

If the voucher is not included in the download, then go to this IRS website to print a Form 1040-V - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

Or you can pay directly on the IRS payment website using Direct Pay - https://www.irs.gov/payments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies