sophkara

I did not have health insurance for October-December 2016, as my employment finished and I had to move out of the U.S. How can I have the relevant penalty waived?

In the Health Insurance section of the program, on the first screen, just indicate that you will pick the months you had coverage.  Then on the next screen select the months you were covered, January through September.  On the next screen under the heading of Wasn't required to get insurance select Resident of foreign country or U.S. territory.  On the following screen select the months you lived in another country, October through December.

The program would then indicate that any penalty had been waived and that this completed the Health Insurance section.