kayshara12

I did my taxes through turbo tax and it says my federal taxes were accepted but state taxes were rejected. Will I still be able to receive my refund if the state taxes rejected? Or do I need to redo i

bluedeb

Federal & State are two separate agencies.  You will still receive your Federal refund since it was accepted.

bluedeb

JotikaT2

If your state taxes were rejected, then they have not been filed yet. 

You will still need to file your state return.

Please see the attached for additional information on fixing the rejected state return. 

How to fix a rejected return 

You do not need to do anything with your federal return as it was filed and accepted.

revtsai2004

Both federal and State taxes were rejected.

@revtsai2004   What is the rejection message/code in the email from Turbotax?

MayaD

If you received an e-file rejection, don’t worry. An e-file rejection means that some things on your return don't match the IRS database, such as a date of birth or social security number. You’re given the opportunity to fix them and refile. 

How do I fix a rejected return?