fartmart

I did my daughters return and did NOT check that she can be claimed by someone else on their return (meaning me as I paid for more then 50% of her costs) I filed hers too

so I did my 18 yr olds return and did not check that someone else can claim her as a dependent, and I filed her return well I claim her and it will not allow me to file my return (unless I take her off my return which I wont) I amended her return but I have to mail it and I cant file my return till this gets corrected is there a faster process?

AmyW

Yes, you will want to file a paper return this year. Print, sign and mail your tax return because you will be unable to e-file since the exemption was claimed. You will still need to mail her amended tax return to reflect the change to her return with the IRS.

AmyW