turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my 2019 FREE RETURN with Turbotax. Was it sent by Turbotax OR Do I have to mail it in?

My AGI was zero. Did turbotax SEND MY RETURN TO THE IRS or do I have to mail it in?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did my 2019 FREE RETURN with Turbotax. Was it sent by Turbotax OR Do I have to mail it in?

TurboTax does not send in your return, only you can.   When you e-file you have to go all the way through the File section to the screen where you click on the Transmit Returns Now!  If you did not click on the Transmit Return Now button, then your returns were not e-filed.

You can check your e-file status, it will show whether your return was accepted, rejected, or no return filed.

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Did you do this?

Sign onto your TurboTax account and the status of the tax return will be displayed?

What is the status of the tax return?  If the status is Accepted then you e-filed the tax return.  Anything else and the tax return has not been e-filed.

TurboTax does not send in your return, only you can.   When you e-file you have to go all the way through the File section to the screen where you click on the Transmit Returns Now!  If you did not click on the Transmit Return Now button, then your returns were not e-filed.

You can check your e-file status, it will show whether your return was accepted, rejected, or no return filed.

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies