Here are the steps to remove the form (online):
- Sign into your return, select Take me to my return
- At the right upper corner, search for child care credit, then select "Jump to" link
- On the screen, Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2018? Answer Yes.
- Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen. Uncheck the dependent(s) and select Continue.
- To your left, select Tax Tools, click on the drop-down arrow
- Select Tools
- Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form
- Scroll down the list to locate the Form 2441, select Delete and Continue with My Return
If this does not work, you might have to remove the dependent completely and delete the form 2441 and related worksheets, then re-enter the dependent info.
To remove a dependent, here the steps:
- After sign in to your account, select Take me to my return
- From the left, select My Info
- On the screen Your Personal Summary, scroll down to Dependents section- find the name and select Delete