Nishi2008

I correctly entered w2 wages (box 2) however why is 1040 wages (#7) not match to W2 wages?

I correctly entered w2 wages (box 2) however why is turbo tax 1040 wages (#7) not match to W2 wages?
Anita01

Is the line 7 amount higher?  Are there any letters to the left of the amount on line 7?
Nishi2008

Yes, DCB on the left of the amount on line 7, what does it mean?
Anita01

The code of DCB stands for Dependent Care benefits, meaning that some part of the amount in Box 10 on your W-2 became taxable.  That can be caused because you were not the custodial parent and therefore could not claim a Child Care credit or because you indicated some part of the amount was not used for Qualifying expenses.