turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jbadalam1

I completed my tax return and e-filed.I requested an installment plan. I opted for Direct Withdrawl from my bank account. Will the IRS withdraw the $8000 initial payment?

Or do I have to send a check separate from my e-filed return. Thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

I completed my tax return and e-filed.I requested an installment plan. I opted for Direct Withdrawl from my bank account. Will the IRS withdraw the $8000 initial payment?

If your payment plan has not yet been approved, send in a payment before the due date of the return with the voucher. It can take up to 30 days for the IRS to accept your plan, and the IRS will not honor the agreement if the 1st installment is not received by 4/18/17.

You can also pay on the IRS website directly. https://www.irs.gov/payments

Note: Your tax return may be accepted in 24-48 hours. This not the same as having your installment plan accepted. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But in this answer from link below it is stated the opposite  information regarding your "note":
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-do-i-know-if-my-installment-payment-plan-was-...
"If Form 9465- Installment Agreement Request was filed with your return and your return was accepted, you can consider the payment plan as received"
Who is right?
I have the totally same situation as topicstarter.
I filed taxes 2 weeks ago(with TurboTax) with requesting installment plan.But I still don't see any updates in my IRS account(I see only my old 2018 return).
Does that mean my return was not yet processed?
When it will be processed will I be able to see in my IRS account whether installment plan accepted or not?(it should be faster to know then wait mail notice).
What should I do if it will not be accepted? Take the loan to payoff tax debt? or any other options?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies