cpatel75

I closed my biz that has i401k and now i am opening same type of biz in new state and want to contribute to i401k.Do I need to close previous i401k and open a new i401k?

I moved out of state, so i closed my previously owned LLC (solo) and opened a new LLC (solo) in newer state. I need some help how to navigate around solo 401k. Open new solo 401k or amend existing solo 401k and update with new biz info?
Anonymous
Not applicable

you do not need a new solo  401k account because you are starting business in another state.   the IRS rules and limits would not change.   whether the state allows a full deduction for its income tax purposes for the contribution is a different matter but that does not affect  federal taxation/deductibility

cpatel75

Does it mean, I only need to change LLC info with my solo 401k service provider e.g. Fidelity or Vanguard? If yes, then this makes over all process simple for contribution.

Correct ... contact he solo 401K administrator for their requirements.