I claimed my mom as my dependent and she passed aw...

jasmineandrea21

I claimed my mom as my dependent and she passed away in December 2020. Would i still get the Stimulus for her

HelenC12

I'm so sorry for your loss.

If you're asking about the third stimulus payment, yes, you'll probably get the stimulus payment for your deceased mother. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

You qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.

jasmineandrea21

Thank you for answering my question, if i didn’t receive it who do i contact. 

KathrynG3

If you did not receive her stimulus payment, report this on her final 2020 tax return.

Report a 0 in the stimulus payment section on her last return. The personal representative must complete Form 1310 to receive the refund on your mother's behalf since the check should not be issued to your mother. For more information, see: for: Can I e-file a tax return for someone who is deceased?

To add the Recovery Rebate Credit in TurboTax for her final 2020 tax return, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

For more information about the third stimulus, see: Stimulus payment resources for your 2020 taxes.

@jasmineandrea21