turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ran-fu513

I changed my mind to efile my OHIO tax return. But I didn't see any option for that. How to do it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

I changed my mind to efile my OHIO tax return. But I didn't see any option for that. How to do it?

If you changed your mind, and would like to e-file your state tax return after your federal return has been e-filed and accepted, see the steps below:

1. Open your return, if it's not already open, and select File from the menu on the left.
    • If you don't see File, click or tap the 3 white lines in the upper-left corner to expand the menu.
    • Still don't see it? Select Add a State to get back into your return (don't worry, this won't actually add a state).
  2. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  3. Now select the Start button to the right of Step 3. This will take you to Here are your filing choices. Select I'd like to change filing methods.
  4. Change your filing method to E-file and save your selection.
  5. Continue following the onscreen instructions to e-file your return.
  6. Finally, be sure to keep an eye on your email to track the status of your tax return.

If these steps don't work, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

If you changed your mind, and would like to e-file your state tax return after your federal return has been e-filed and accepted, see the steps below:

1. Open your return, if it's not already open, and select File from the menu on the left.
    • If you don't see File, click or tap the 3 white lines in the upper-left corner to expand the menu.
    • Still don't see it? Select Add a State to get back into your return (don't worry, this won't actually add a state).
  2. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  3. Now select the Start button to the right of Step 3. This will take you to Here are your filing choices. Select I'd like to change filing methods.
  4. Change your filing method to E-file and save your selection.
  5. Continue following the onscreen instructions to e-file your return.
  6. Finally, be sure to keep an eye on your email to track the status of your tax return.

If these steps don't work, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

JulienV

This solution no longer works. For me there is no file tab and there is no start button after add state. And everything I have tried leads me in a loop back to printing and mailing

@ JulienV wrote:

This solution no longer works. For me there is no file tab and there is no start button after add state. And everything I have tried leads me in a loop back to printing and mailing

This is an old thread from more than 2 years ago that transferred into this forum back in June of 2019 from the old community forum.   While it's possible someone might see your comment and respond here, they're going to need to ask you for more information anyway, so you would probably be better served just to start your own new thread where it will be more visible.

If you decide to do that, go to the page at this link and click the blue "Ask a question" button.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

The title line has limited space, so just summarize your question in that line.  Then right below it is a box with plenty of room for details where you can explain your situation in more detail and what you are wanting to do. This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

In that details box also mention what product you are using--Online TurboTax (web version) or the desktop software (CD/download).  If Online TurboTax, which edition--Free, Deluxe, Premier, etc.   Or are you using the Mobile App?

Manage cookies