Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xhersh26x

I cannot successfully delete my Form 2441. I've tried different techniques I've found searching through the help section and none of them have worked!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I cannot successfully delete my Form 2441. I've tried different techniques I've found searching through the help section and none of them have worked!

Look at your W-2 ... do you have an amount in box 10 ? 

xhersh26x

No, it's blank.  I'm no longer showing a Form 2441, but every time I go to review, I'm prompted to fill in info on the non-existant Form 2441.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Three steps to completely resolve your issue:

1.There may be a piece of information still stuck in the program. Go back to the 2441. Say yes, you have expenses and go through it pretending you do have expenses.

Once you have gone back through it, start deleting the information that would have been the latest entered, farthest into the program. Work your way BACK, clicking back, after deleting information in each section. This ensures the form is completely blank with nothing residual. 

2. Use the Tax Tools > Tools > Delete a Form after going through the above process.

The above 2 step process should eliminate all residual information and allow you to continue.

3. Please double check the W2 input screen to make sure box 10 is blank on the screen. Sometimes a cat will jump or odd things happen.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies