I cannot get past the smart check due to healthcare. I was on Medicaid and then no longer qualified - I thought that was an Obamacare plan but I don't have a form 1095-A.

I am stuck on this question and I can't find where to edit my health coverage type. I've searched where TurboTax has said to look.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TeresaM

Medicaid is not part of the Marketplace and does not include the Premium Tax Credit.  It does get a 1095, but not a 1095-A, so it does not need to be entered.

If you had Medicaid, you will not need to enter a Form 1095. Turbo Tax will walk you through the questions for health insurance.

Click on the Federal section, on the left menu, and select Health Insurance, at the top

When asked if you had health insurance in 2017, select either all year or you will pick who and what months, and Continue. (Select all months you had coverage between all sources.)

When asked about being enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2017, select No, if you were covered through MedicaidForms 1095-B or1095-C do not need to be entered into your return.  They are for informational purposes and are not included in the Premium Tax Credit calculations that require 1095-A.