turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot afford any fees to be paid or taken out of my refund. I tried to go back and cancel the additional charge, and was unsuccessful. I want a completely free service

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I cannot afford any fees to be paid or taken out of my refund. I tried to go back and cancel the additional charge, and was unsuccessful. I want a completely free service

1)  log into your account , get into your 2017 tax file ..

2)  go to, and select "Tax Tools on" the lower left side.  (click to the left-side of the txt to get it to expand)

3) Click on "Tools"

4)   Select "Clear and start over"

5)  then re-select the Free version, and be careful to never upgrade to any of the extra services.  Read every page carefully.

....ANNNND...you don' get access to print/save older year tax files, and you don't get the data transfer from the prior year without the $30 PLUS upgrade.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

1)  log into your account , get into your 2017 tax file ..

2)  go to, and select "Tax Tools on" the lower left side.  (click to the left-side of the txt to get it to expand)

3) Click on "Tools"

4)   Select "Clear and start over"

5)  then re-select the Free version, and be careful to never upgrade to any of the extra services.  Read every page carefully.

....ANNNND...you don' get access to print/save older year tax files, and you don't get the data transfer from the prior year without the $30 PLUS upgrade.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies