turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't transfer data from last years return. My password has been changed and my security answers such as mother's maiden name say invalid answer. What do I do?

my account may have been compromised. I can't transfer data from last year's return. my security question say invalid answer, such as mother' maiden name.

What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I can't transfer data from last years return. My password has been changed and my security answers such as mother's maiden name say invalid answer. What do I do?

Thank you for using Turbotax.

I hope following link helps in recovering your account:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3051880-password-reset-and-forgot-answer-to-security-question

hb87

There is no answer given from this site to the question below. I am directed back to the opening screen.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Try entering your phone number at the Account Recovery screen.

You'll see all accounts associated with that phone number.   Choose the correct one, and on the next screen you can change your password.

Once you get into your account, click on 'Intuit Account' at the lower left corner, then choose 'Security', then 'Account Activity'. 

You'll be able to see all attempts to access your account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies