mooncaat

I can't find where to enter my health insurance premiums to get the self employed health insurance tax credit.

I didn't get a 1095-A because I didn't qualify for Obamacare.

richardgkirkman

Since you're self-employed I assume you also complete a Schedule C.  If you use Turbo Tax step-by-step to complete Schedule C you will be asked to enter the amount of your qualifying health insurance premium(s).  To the extent that you show a profit in your business, this amount will be carried by Turbo Tax to Form 1040 line 29.  On this Form this amount is subtracted from your total income.
If you pay health insurance premiums for your spouse/dependents you may also be able to deduct their premium(s).  Check that out in Turbo Tax.

richardgkirkman

mooncaat

Under Business Expenses there's no place for qualifying health insurance premiums. Under Health Insurance, there is, but I got a 1095-B and it's kind of a "yes I had insurance" question. I will look harder in the business expenses section.
mooncaat

Okay, I found it!! Thank you!!