shibasrule

I can't file my federal tax return because Turbotax is forcing to complete a 1099-NEC, which I did not receive because I earned less than $600 in 2020. How to enter EIN?

shibasrule

Ok, to anyone else with this problem, I found the 1099-NEC section under "Federal - Wages/Income" and was able to delete the 1099-NEC and continue to filing.

shibasrule

JamesG1

I assume that you are reporting self-employment income since you refer to the 1099-NEC.

Are you able to report the income less than $600 at the screen Tell us about the other self-employed income for your work?  The description specifically states that the income is 'money you made that wasn't reported on a 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC.'