crvpederson

I can't file an extension. I have already tried the "Other Tax Situations" tab. Very frustrated.

I am filing taxes from abroad.
CherylW

If you need more time to file your 2016 return with the IRS, submit an extension request before midnight Tuesday, April 18. 

To do this, select Easy Extension from the MyTurboTax drop-down menu (on mobile devices, tap in the upper-left corner to open the menu items). 

If you don't see a "MyTurboTax" menu, search for extend inside your program and then click or tap the "Jump to" link. 

You can also go the Easy Extension site to e-file your extension or print out Form 4868 from the IRS, fill it out, and mail it on or before April 18. Complete mailing instructions are on the printout. 

Note: An IRS extension gives you until October 16 to file, but it won't give you until October to pay your taxes. Those are still due April 18. 

If you're filing a state extension,  

State Extension Rules