turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrwalk89

I can't figure out how to add my "self employed health insurance deduction"? I'm using Turbo Tax Self-Employed

I'm self employed but contracted to one company.  They pay a portion of my health insurance premium but then gross up my income by the same amount.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I can't figure out how to add my "self employed health insurance deduction"? I'm using Turbo Tax Self-Employed

To enter the Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction, go to Business->Business Income and Expenses.

When you create or edit a business, go to Business Expenses->Other Common Business Expenses. Under that will be an entry labeled "Insurance Payments". Click on that and enter the amount of your health insurance premiums under "Health Insurance Premiums".

This entry will carry automatically to line 16 on Schedule 1 (1040).

[Edited 3/26/2020 2:23 pm CDT - updated for 2019]

View solution in original post

1 Reply

To enter the Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction, go to Business->Business Income and Expenses.

When you create or edit a business, go to Business Expenses->Other Common Business Expenses. Under that will be an entry labeled "Insurance Payments". Click on that and enter the amount of your health insurance premiums under "Health Insurance Premiums".

This entry will carry automatically to line 16 on Schedule 1 (1040).

[Edited 3/26/2020 2:23 pm CDT - updated for 2019]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies