mrwalk89

I can't figure out how to add my "self employed health insurance deduction"? I'm using Turbo Tax Self-Employed

I'm self employed but contracted to one company.  They pay a portion of my health insurance premium but then gross up my income by the same amount.

BMcCalpin

To enter the Self-Employed Health Insurance deduction, go to Business->Business Income and Expenses.

When you create or edit a business, go to Business Expenses->Other Common Business Expenses. Under that will be an entry labeled "Insurance Payments". Click on that and enter the amount of your health insurance premiums under "Health Insurance Premiums".

This entry will carry automatically to line 16 on Schedule 1 (1040).

[Edited 3/26/2020 2:23 pm CDT - updated for 2019]

BMcCalpin