I can no longer recieve mail to [removed] Can you send me a code number to my cell phone. I am in the final step to submit tax return

mariansula

mesquitebean

The article below will give you some alternatives, including a method "Try something else" that doesn't use codes.

*******************************************

If you'd rather get text messages, see if you can do this?  If your return is open, see if you can click on MY ACCOUNT and then go into Account Settings and update info in the Profile tab, then go to the Security tab.  Then scroll to "Two-Step Verification".  You may be able to switch to text messages to get the code.

When you go to retrieve the code, do NOT close the original screen where you are asked for the code.  You have to keep the verification screen open while you use a second tab or second window to retrieve the code from your email.  Then you enter it in the screen that you left open.  If you close that original screen, it resets everything, and the code will be seen as "expired."

If you are unable to use email or text messages to get the code, does the interface where it asks for the code have a  link "Get help signing in?"  If so, on the next screen should be an option to "Try Something Else".  That should offer you a different method.

Also read this FAQ and see if any of the info is helpful: