bfields66

I bought turbotax basic last year to file my taxes and it was adequate. Nothing has changed from last year to this year. Why must I upgrade to deluxe this year?

GiseleD

Please visit this link to see the breakdown of what is included in the free version and what is included in the Deluxe version for 2019. If you needed a form or schedule that was only available in the Deluxe version, then you must upgrade. 

GiseleD

bfields66

I filed schedule SE last year using basic, but it doesn't seem I can use that form in basic this year. Is that correct?

DavidD66

In TurboTax Online, the Deluxe version or higher is required for Schedule SE - it is not available in Basic.