I bought TurboTax 2016 on CD and filed my return electronically in Feb 2017. My computer crashed in August. Is it possible to get 2016 data file so I can trans to 2017?

Need a copy of the data file for 2016 that I filed in Feb 2017 so I can transfer my 2016 data for prep of my 2017 return.  I have a CD for 2016 and 2017 turbotax.  Can you assist?

If your 2016 return was prepared using desktop software installed on your own computer, that is where the files were stored.  They are not stored online with TurboTax.  If you did not back up on  a flashdrive, etc., or save a hard copy then you can get a free transcript of your return from the IRS or for  a fee of $50 an actual copy.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript