turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

widtfs

I bought tt basic this morning at best buy, but should have bought premier. can I download premier and apply the value that I paid this morning for basic?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I bought tt basic this morning at best buy, but should have bought premier. can I download premier and apply the value that I paid this morning for basic?

Your best course of action is to bring the Basic product back to Best Buy and either exchange it for Premier, or just return it and then buy Premier separately, either from Best Buy or somewhere else.

An alternative would be to install Basic, then upgrade to Premier. See the FAQ at the following link for instructions on how to upgrade the Windows software (after it's installed). The cost of the upgrade will be roughly the difference in price between Basic and Premier.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1913278-how-do-i-upgrade-my-turbotax-for-windows-software

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Your best course of action is to bring the Basic product back to Best Buy and either exchange it for Premier, or just return it and then buy Premier separately, either from Best Buy or somewhere else.

An alternative would be to install Basic, then upgrade to Premier. See the FAQ at the following link for instructions on how to upgrade the Windows software (after it's installed). The cost of the upgrade will be roughly the difference in price between Basic and Premier.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1913278-how-do-i-upgrade-my-turbotax-for-windows-software

Did you already open the CD box?  If so, Best Buy might not exchange it for Premier.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies