hjung324

I bought a Intuit Turbo Tax CD to file my tax return but I still have to pay at the end to file CA state tax return. What benefit do I have when I buy this CD?

Tell me the benefit of buying Turbo Tax CD to file tax return when I still have to pay to file CA tax return. Is it better not to buy CD and use the one in internet Turbo Tax.

I am confused why I have to buy the CD and pay to file CA state tax return.

mesquitebean

Is it charging you 24.99 to efile the CA return?

In the desktop Home and Business Edition, it should not be charging for your first state program to prepare the state return, but there is a state efile fee (no fee if mailed.)

In all desktop products there is a 24.99 state efile fee (except no state efile fee for New York.)   There is no fee to print and mail the state returns.

You wrote:   "Tell me the benefit of buying Turbo Tax CD."

The CD version is cheaper than the Online version and many desktop products include a state program to prepare the state return.  In Online TurboTax, there is an additional 39.99 fee to prepare a state return.

The desktop version has no form limitations.  Several online editions have form limitations.  For instance, Online Deluxe cannot prepare Schedules D,E,F, enter K-1, or Schedule C with expenses, and Online Premier cannot handle Schedule F or C with expenses.  The desktop editions can handle all those forms.

The desktop version has the advantage of Forms Mode for direct viewing/editing of forms during preparation.  The Online version does not have Forms Mode.

The desktop version can prepare multiple Federal returns with 5 free Federal efiles.   In the Online version, only 1 Federal return can be prepared per account per year.

Mrjackwong

I purchased the Intuit Turbotax Premier Edition.  On the package, it states Federal E File and State Returns.  Why do I have to pay 24.99 to file CA E File Return.  Shouldnt that be include with the Premier Edition?  If so, how can I get reimbursed?