turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lbeckis

Have to file in AL and GA (state income tax) I was able to file electronically in GA but have to mail in return to GA. Do I need to send in all of my Info (fed&state)

Do I need to submit all federal, AL (state) and hard copy of W2 along with paper form to GA? Along with my payment, of course. I can't find exactly what to send to GA?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Have to file in AL and GA (state income tax) I was able to file electronically in GA but have to mail in return to GA. Do I need to send in all of my Info (fed&state)

I assume you live in Georgia and that you are filing a resident GA return.  If so, Georgia will want a copy of your AL return attached to it to confirm that you should have a credit in GA for AL taxes paid.

If you itemized on your federal return, GA also wants a copy of just your federal Schedule A 1040 (your itemized deductions).  If you used the standard deduction on your federal return then you do not need to attach Schedule A.

Attach a copy of pages one and two of your 1040 (page 1 has your address, etc and page 2 shows your final federal tax).

If you have any forms such as 1099s that have Georgia tax withheld, you should attach the a copy of the forms with Georgia tax withholding to your GA return.  

You do not need to attach a copy of your W-2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I assume you live in Georgia and that you are filing a resident GA return.  If so, Georgia will want a copy of your AL return attached to it to confirm that you should have a credit in GA for AL taxes paid.

If you itemized on your federal return, GA also wants a copy of just your federal Schedule A 1040 (your itemized deductions).  If you used the standard deduction on your federal return then you do not need to attach Schedule A.

Attach a copy of pages one and two of your 1040 (page 1 has your address, etc and page 2 shows your final federal tax).

If you have any forms such as 1099s that have Georgia tax withheld, you should attach the a copy of the forms with Georgia tax withholding to your GA return.  

You do not need to attach a copy of your W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies