turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I applied through Turbo Tax to do a payment plan for my federal taxes. I have not heard anything back yet. Can someone let me know how I check this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I applied through Turbo Tax to do a payment plan for my federal taxes. I have not heard anything back yet. Can someone let me know how I check this?

Firs did you efile successfully ? 

How do I check my e-file status?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

Then if you did file successfully  check the form 9465 to see if you did set up the payment plan ... be aware it can take the IRS 2-3 months to accept the offer you made and for payments to start ....

https://www.irs.gov/payments

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return if it’s not already open.
  2. On the [Your name], your 2018 federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State(don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2018 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2018 Federal or State Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

Related Information:

Then you can check the IRS site  and make a current payment if you want ...

Reviewing a payment plan

You can view details of your current payment plan (type of agreement, due dates, and amount you need to pay) by logging into the Online Payment Agreement tool using the Apply/Revise button below.

What you can change using the Online Payment Agreement tool

If your existing payment plan is not paid through a direct debit, you can use the Online Payment Agreement tool to make the following changes:

• Change your monthly payment amount
  • Change your monthly payment due date
  • Convert an existing agreement to a direct debit agreement
  • Reinstate after default

You can log into the Online Payment Agreement tool using the Apply/Revise button below.

If your payment plan is paid through direct debit, you must contact us to make a change.

How to revise an online payment plan

Log in to the Online Payment Agreement tool using the Apply/Revise button below. On the first page, you can revise your current plan type, payment date, and amount. Then submit your changes.

If your new monthly payment amount does not meet the required payment amount, you will be prompted to revise the payment amount. If you are unable to make the minimum required payment amount, you will receive directions for completing a Form 433-F Collection Information Statement (PDF) and how to submit it.

If your plan has lapsed through default and is being reinstated, you may incur a reinstatement fee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies