I applied for the $600 Stimulus in my return unaware that it was in the process of being put in my account

What do i do to fix that if its already processing ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HelenC12

If you've already e-filed your tax return but need to make some changes to the Stimulus amount, we would like to give you the opportunity to review and update the Recovery Rebate Credit portion of your 2020 tax return before the IRS opens on February 12th. 

If you want to review and update your 2020 return:

1. Please enter your information here by February 6, to have your 2020 tax return sent back to you. 
  2. You will then receive an email from TurboTax on February 8, letting you know that your return is available and providing you with detailed instructions on how to review, update and re-file your tax return without the Recovery Rebate Credit.

To quickly get to the stimulus section of TurboTax:

1. Search for stimulus and select the jump-to link at the top of the search results to return back to the section.
  2. Enter your updated info and Continue.

Note: Stimulus payments were advances on the Recovery Rebate Credit. Stimulus payments are not taxable income to you so you won't be taxed on the amount you receive. It won’t reduce your refund or increase what you owe when you file your taxes this year. It’s also not considered income, so it won’t affect your eligibility for any federal government assistance or benefits. To review the TurboTax FAQ, click here

Hello, I apologize there anyway you could resend this? My email didn't notify me my message got a response until Sunday 2/7/21 that I didn't see until this morning so I was not able to fill it out in time. 

JamesG1

February 6th was the deadline for registration to review and update the Recovery Rebate Credit portion of your 2020 tax return before it is sent to the IRS when they open on February 12th.

If you have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return and the tax return is accepted by the IRS, you will have to amend your 2020 Federal tax return and correct the entries and calculations to receive the Rebate Recovery Credit.

If you have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return and the tax return is rejected by the IRS, you will have to amend your 2020 Federal tax return and correct the entries and calculations to receive the Rebate Recovery Credit as well as correct the entries that generated the rejection.

If you have not received your second stimulus check, you will receive your payment in the form of a Rebate Recovery Credit on line 30 of your 2020 Federal tax return when you file.

TurboTax will compare your one or two stimulus payment amounts to the computations within TurboTax.  The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software.  If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return. 

In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.

You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:  

•  Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
  • At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up.  Click on Let’s keep going.
  • At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  • At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries. 

See also this TurboTax Help.