integritybooks

I applied for injured spouse through Turbo Tax and received a letter from IRS saying they issued refund to husbands student loan. Why didn't they get the injured spouse?

HelenC12

Only the IRS knows. It's at their discretion. Call the IRS and ask why they did not allow the Injured Spouse

Per IRS:

• We provide our contact phone number on the top right-hand corner of the notice or letter.
  • Typically, you only need to contact us if you don’t agree with the information, if we requested additional information, or if you have a balance due.
  • You can also write to us at the address in the notice or letter. If you write, allow at least 30 days for our response.

Were the student loans taken out before or after you were married? If you download the PDF or print a copy of your tax return does it actually include the injured spouse form?