sally3

I applied for an installment plan in Turbo Tax, but then did it on IRS' site after (and was approved). Will this affect anything? Will I be charged the fees twice?

The process was a bit confusing. I wound up applying for an installment plan on the IRS website after filing, and forgot that I also requested that when filing in Turbo Tax (I sent in form 9465).

I'm concerned this might mess something up. Also, will I be charged twice for the setup fee?

I was approved on the IRS site and selected direct debit. It looks like the fee for mail-in requests are much higher.

MichaelL1

IRS will straighten it out so there is only one installment agreement and fees are not charged twice.

You will get a notice from the IRS and it will have a number on it, and call them if fees were charge twice, however you should have no problem.