turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If one state filling is free, why I am charged $24.95 when filling? is it free or not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If one state filling is free, why I am charged $24.95 when filling? is it free or not?

Prep for one state is free, any additional state prep is an additional fee. Federal e-filing is free but e-filing anything in addition to that, including any state filing, is charged the additional fee. Basically the tax prep and the e-filing are separate line items.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Prep for one state is free, any additional state prep is an additional fee. Federal e-filing is free but e-filing anything in addition to that, including any state filing, is charged the additional fee. Basically the tax prep and the e-filing are separate line items.
bushdl30
Returning Member

I believe this is very misleading from TurboTax. I pay for the Home and Business edition and have used the product for about 19 years. This may be the last time I use TurboTax because of the way they added this fee.
kertime

me too

me too.  like they didn't make enough from me.  greedy!

I also will not be using turbo tax again..I selected the free adition like I have for many years.. an for some reason this year I am being charged 106 dollars.. mind you that I don't have in my account because I didn't receive my taxes yet because there were missing forms.. if im being charged for deluxe because I had extra forms.. then why did the IRS ask for those to be filled out after I had already completed my taxes.. Doesn't make sense!

I have used Turbo tax for years and the state was always free. I guess I read the box and assumed that the free state meant download and filing like all the previous years.  With the amount paid and the extra fees I could have paid someone else to do my taxes.  I won't be using Turbo tax again.  I noticed their commercials didn't mention that the state filing was no longer free  free free!

This is my last year using Turbo Tax, spent more on downloading and filing than I would have paid a preparer to do my taxes for me.
nealw319

i feel like turbo tax just pin a donkey tail on me.

I am very UPSET that I am being charged $24.99 to e-file my one state return! This is misleading.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies