kathiecramer

I am using the deluxe edition for $34.99. I am only filing federal. It is charging me for 2 at 34.99. How do I correct that?

You are probably getting charged the EXTRA 34.99 Refund Processing Service charge.  That is a service to have the first 34.99 fee for Deluxe taken out of your federal refund.  It is optional.  You can avoid the extra charge by paying with a credit card.  Go though the FILE tab and change how to pay.

How to find your fees…
Log in to your return
Click on My Account at the top, then on Tools
Click on My Fees
A window will pop up that shows the fees

bordemstirs

I was told it was to file state. I already used my credit card to avoid THAT charge.

State is a 36.99 charge.  A second 34.99 charge would probably be the Refund Processing Service charge.  Are you the same person as kathiecramer who posted this question?
tammyvalanche

It's not possible to be charged for two of the same software versions...

Sign in to your return, click My Account (highlighted below), then click Tools from the drop-down. After you click My Fees, you'll see the same window as the one in the screenshot. You'll be able to review everything you're getting charged for there.

But, if you somehow have multiple products (or would like to remove MAX/PLUS/etc benefits), follow these steps:
  1. Sign in
  2. Click File to the upper right of the screen (maximize your browser if you don't see this)
  3. Next to Step 1 - Review your order, click start or revisit
  4. Any removable products or features will be listed here.