turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pbarnes4

I am trying to use the where's my refund tool, but it is saying my information is incorrect. How do I find the total amount I will receive with the turbo tax deductions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I am trying to use the where's my refund tool, but it is saying my information is incorrect. How do I find the total amount I will receive with the turbo tax deductions?

If your return is still pending and not accepted yet by the IRS, you will need to wait until it's accepted to check on Where's My Refund?
You can check your e-file status on Turbotax. This will show what stage of the process your return is in.
How do I check my e-file status?
Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts receiving tax returns. It may be several days after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

Be sure when you check Where's My Refund? on the IRS site that your are entering only the Federal refund amount and not a total refund amount that includes a state refund. The amount to enter is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.
And if you paid any fees out of your Federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of the fees.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today when I checked the where’s my refund app and webpage, I was told that my information was incorrect. My information was indeed entered correctly. When I called the automated hotline

800–829–1954, the very same information yielded the appropriate response which was my return is being processed. So you may have the exactly correct information but the website apparently is currently overwhelmed or malfunctioning for uncertain reasons; try the automated hotline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies