Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

I’ve tried everything and it will not work. It’s very annoying.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I would suggest you clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  

If you are filing with TurboTax online, please follow these steps:

• Check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • Clear your cache and sign back into the program.  To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.

If it does not work, try a different credit card or a different computer.

@Vandingo254

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manandi

Did anyone find a solution to this crap? It is still not working and is super annoying 

Nope! I called my sister and had her log into my account. She tried one of my credit cards and it did not work. She tried another one and it worked. Not sure why it worked for her and not for me!! I think I am going to change to a different tax program next year!  This is not worth it with Turbo Tax!!

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

There is a troubleshooting link for this. You can see if any of these suggestions work.

Your payment information is not processing

None of you "Experts" Advice works, and you know it (unless of course you don't come back to read Responses to your Responses).  This issue has been going on for OVER A YEAR NOW, second time (last year and this year) having problems for me, and yet Intuit still has no "Solution" to the issue.  Will most likely be my LAST year, since obviously Intuit does not give a crap about its users nor fixing their MAJOR bug.  The Issue is NOT on the User Side, it is on Intuits.  Intuit is not even Attempting to Process the Credit Card information Submitted.  I know this because if they had Submitted my info to the Bank and the Bank had Rejected it for any Reason I would have received an Alert.  Actually I would have gotten one if it was successful as well, but that is irrelevant because I got NOTHING.  Tried Multiple Cards, Multiple Browsers (though don't have much choice from inside TurboTax Software when paying to EFile State).

Tried two different credit cards. Then retried checking out as guest, took it no problem. So it's something internal to Intuit's account.

MellyB34

I used a relative's credit card that had a different billing address.  THAT WORKED!!!

rliu002

I am having the same issue. I swear Turbotax uses different tactics to force us to pay them more.... Was anyone able to solve this issue?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For fee payments, we can only accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards with a U.S. billing address. Another option is to pay your fees with your federal refund, also known as Pay With My Refund (charges may apply). The billing address for your credit card must be the same as the mailing address on your tax return.

If your card meets the requirements listed above, and you are still having issues, please see this Turbo Tax FAQ. We are having trouble validating your credit card, please try again

Why did you even bother replying.  HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE THREAD?  Unless there has been a change recently, which I doubt since it  has been going on for YEARS, there is an Issue with US BASED (or any other) Credit Cards where if the Address on  your Intuit Account and the Address on your Credit Card MATCH then Intuit REJECTS the Credit Card.  Intuit does not care, obviously, since (though I have not tried it yet this year) it seems to still be occurring.  I believe I posted my "workaround", I will have to look it back up myself as I do not recall what it was but I believe it involved changing my Intuit Address slightly then paying what I needed and then changing my address back.  Intuit obviously does not care though for as long as this has been going on.  Thus the reason I have not purchased TurboTax for this year yet, seriously thinking about going elsewhere

And as before, I am sure NONE OF THE LINKED SUGGESTIONS WORK.  Or at least they have not worked the last couple of years when they were suggested before.  God I really hate when the "supposed" Experts do nothing but recommend the same things that have NOT worked in the Past, expecting them to work somehow as if by Magic this time.  Get a Clue, Intuit is Broken an no matter  how many times you Suggest the same thing it is NOT going to fix anything.

Hmm.  I swear I posted my "Workaround" last year, but can't seem to find it.  In any case, I believe I did in fact:

1. Change Intuit Mailing Address slightly

2. Make the Payment using my Real CC & Address Info

3. Change my Intuit Address back

Funny enough I had the same issue. Couldn't possibly be so we'd just give up and pay extra to have it taken right out our fed return. Super shady Turbo Tax

Of course I'm using a valid current issued credit card. I've tried both my Visa and Mastercard and it will not take either. What is the solution?  Turbo Tax needs to fix this as you are not offering a workaround.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies