turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to get my tax return for 2017. I tried upgrading to plus but i cannot pay for it so i cannot get my return. I tried to swap to deluxe then plus but im stuck

All i need is to find where i can pay right now to get my tax return for 2017. My account now says its deluxe but i have not paid for anything. All the steps the website says don't give the option to pay for the return. All i want to do is pay for plus and get my return. I want to get off of deluxe but the type won't change or let me pay to activate the plus account.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am trying to get my tax return for 2017. I tried upgrading to plus but i cannot pay for it so i cannot get my return. I tried to swap to deluxe then plus but im stuck

We can tell you all the steps to pay to unlock prior returns with better instructions than TurboTax does.  But you have a problem to resolve first if you have upgraded too far to Deluxe.   The minimum fee is to upgrade to PLUS at 19.99, but since you upgraded too far, if you try to pay now, it will charge you 59.99 for Federal and 44.99 for a state return.   We can tell you what to do about that.

When you tried to download your 2017 return, did it tell you that you have to pay to unlock access?   Please answer all of the following:

1. Have you already filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  2. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition, but now you have upgraded to Deluxe accidentally?  Did you upgrade prior to filing the 2018 return, or did you upgrade after filing the 2018?
  3. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the 2017 online return?

We can tell you how to unlock a return once you answer all the questions above.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies