Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to file a return for another person and, after paying for a new download, my personal filing popped up and I couldn't get set up to file the new return.

My previous posting has all the information that should be needed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am trying to file a return for another person and, after paying for a new download, my personal filing popped up and I couldn't get set up to file the new return.

What do you mean paying for a new download?  Are you using the Desktop installed program?  Or the Online version?  

The Desktop program can do unlimited returns returns.  You don't have to buy another download.  Just go up to File-New.  But first save your return with a unique name so it doesn’t get confused with another return.  Go to File-Save or Save As.  Because if you do another return and they have the same first name or initial as you their return might save over yours.

And be in the habit of saving Frequently!  When you are done save both the .tax data file and save it as a pdf file, go to File-Save to PDF.  Then you won’t need the program installed to view or print your return in the future.  Like if you need a copy to get a loan or something.  And save backups off of your computer like to a flash drive or burn a CD.

This is important.  If you do another return for someone else like your child and their name is the same or similar to yours then it might overwrite your return.  You have to save each return with different names so you can tell them apart.  Like if your name is John and your son is also named John it will save them with the same name so the second one will overwrite the first return.  Go to File-SaveAs and give it a unique name.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@ruebentcpa-yahoo wrote:
My previous posting has all the information that should be needed.

This is your only post with this user name.

Are you a CPA? (I note the "cpa" in your user name.) You cannot use TurboTax to prepare a tax return for a client. TurboTax is only for consumer use and cannot be used by paid preparers. Intuit (the company that makes TurboTax) has three tax software product lines for professional preparers: ProSeries, Lacerte, and ProConnect. You can find information about all three product lines at the following link.

Intuit Professional Tax Software

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies