turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I am trying to file a 1127, I can not figure out how.

1 Reply
New Member

I am trying to file a 1127, I can not figure out how.

Any New York City employees who were a nonresident of the City (the five NYC boroughs) during any part of a particular tax year must file an 1127 return. In most cases, if you received an 1127.2 statement from your employer, you would have to file an 1127 return.

  1. Sign in - Continue your/take me to my return or pick up where I left off 

    : If you already filed, you won't see the above. Instead -  Go to Tax Timeline, then Add a state under Some things you can do (this allows you to make edits/changes).
  2. Go State TaxesYour State Returns - continue/edit/revisit New York
  3. Go over New York again or scroll to update Credits and other taxes
  4. Arrive at 'Take a look at New York Credits and taxes', scroll to start/edit NYC Nonresident Employees Tax (NYC-1127) Make any changes necessary, then print and mail to the address provided on screen.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies