sidoniadustin

I am trying to efile my taxes and am confused at this point if that is done

rjs

You cannot e-file right now. The IRS will not start accepting tax returns for 2017 until later this month. They have not yet announced an exact starting date for e-filing. If you are trying to file a 2016 tax return, it's too late to e-file for 2016. You have to print the 2016 tax return and mail it. Also, many of the forms for 2017 are not final yet, so you cannot file for 2017 now anyway.

rjs

sidoniadustin

so at this point how can I file
rjs

There is no way to file now for 2017. It's too early. The IRS has not yet even announced a date when filing for 2017 will begin. You cannot file until the forms that you need are final. (When you go through the review in TurboTax it will tell you which forms are not yet ready to file.) Also, you cannot file until you have all your W-2s, 1099s, etc. The payers have until January 31 to send those.